Prospective Pathways Students
Applications are now Closed.
The UCLA-HHMI Pathways to Success Program is open to UCLA first-year undergraduate students who intend to major in the life sciences and meet the criteria below.
Students who are members of groups that are historically underrepresented in STEM are especially encouraged to apply.
- A high school cumulative GPA of 3.8 or above
- At least four years of math and three years of science
- A maintained GPA of 3.0 or above (at least a “B” average) in science and math courses is strongly preferred
- Interest in the Sciences – Students who aspire to obtain a Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. are strongly encouraged to apply
To be considered for the program, prospective students will need to:
- Complete an online application which includes: a personal statement and description of research experience (if applicable). Please remember to save all your information in a word document as you go.
- Submit an unofficial HS transcript
- Participate in an interview